Re: The best way for a book?

From: Pierre Couderc
Subject: Re: The best way for a book?
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 2009 11:21:03 +0200

Yes, thank you very much,  Mats and Marc, my LaTeX  is beginner...

Mats Bengtsson a écrit :

Marc Hohl wrote:
Pierre Couderc schrieb:
What is the best way for a book with Lilypond extracts in it?
I have tried LaTeX with lilypond book, but I get mixs of lilyponds 'images" with other images.
What am I missing?

I am not sure that this solves your problems, but you can tell LaTeX
whether your
graphics are allowed to float or not via options:

\begin{figure}[h] % h stands for 'here'

Right! I guess you problems are rather LaTeX related. There are twp main reasons to use \begin{figure}...\end{figure} in LaTeX. The first one is is to tell the program that it may move the figure to wherever LaTeX thinks it's best placed (to the top or bottom of the page or to a separate page with only figures). The other reason is if you want a figure caption with a figure number that can be referred to in the main text. In your example, it seems that you don't want any of these two featuress, so if you just want your included JPEG file to end up where you placed it in the input file, then just use

\begin{document}

\thispagestyle{empty}
\begin{center}
 \includegraphics[width=80mm]{../Vierge_au_Chapelet_1.jpg}
% from http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/19/Vierge_au_Chapelet_1.jpg
{\Huge Ordinaire des Vêpres du Jeudi}
Rite romain
\end{center}