Re: PATH and definitions.ly problem

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: Re: PATH and definitions.ly problem
Date: Sat, 5 Sep 2009 17:49:27 +0200

2009/9/5 Ralph Palmer <address@hidden>:
> Hi -
>
> I feel kind of foolish, but . . . .
>
> I haven't had much time to do much Lilypond work on my new-ish Ubuntu setup.
> I'd like some advice on where to put a generic "definitions.ly" file that I
> want to include in most of my pieces. I'm afraid that if I put the
> definitions.ly in my Lilypond program directory, it will be eliminated or
> overwritten when I upgrade. Any advice? If I put it in in a directory above
> my working directory (I have more than one working directory), how and where
> do I specify the path in Lilypond?

You could use symlinks. Actual files are on a single place but you can
make 'ghosts' of them with the ln command, which has the same syntax
as cp:

ln -s definitions.ly working/

where working/ is your working directory. I have never used it for
lilypond but it works for biblatex .bib database files.

--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
www.paconet.org