Re: tieWaitForNote across staves

From: Robin Bannister
Subject: Re: tieWaitForNote across staves
Date: Sun, 6 Sep 2009 18:28:46 +0200

Jonathan Wilkes wrote:
I tried fooling around with tieWaitForNote

You didn't show your code, so it's not easy to guess what you tried. I have no cross-staff experience, but it looks to me like the cross-staff run is a lot better supported than the cross-staff chord (where you have to choose a stem length). At any rate, it seems from NR 2.2.1 that the beamed run should be in just one voice but the chord should be in two voices. This is incompatible with ties. So I assume you have to fool around with hidden notes to give tieWaitForNote a start in both chord voices. See hidden.ly for two ways of doing this.

Cheers,
Robin