Re: problems building documentation without compiling LilyPond

From: Patrick Schmidt
Subject: Re: problems building documentation without compiling LilyPond
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 22:07:37 +0200

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 20:32:26 +0100
> Von: Graham Percival <address@hidden>
> An: Reinhold Kainhofer <address@hidden>
> CC: Patrick Schmidt <address@hidden>, address@hidden
> Betreff: Re: problems building documentation without compiling LilyPond

> On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 07:06:13PM +0200, Reinhold Kainhofer wrote:
> > Am Donnerstag, 10. September 2009 18:27:04 schrieb Patrick Schmidt:
> > > I'm having problems to build documentation (without compiling
> LilyPond) on
> > > MacOS X 10.4.11. My www-out directory only contains the file
> dummy.dep. For
> > > error messages see attached file.
> >
> > Also, "cp GNUmakefile.in GNUmakefile" will never work (that's like
> trying to
> > execute a source file without compiling it)! GNUmakefile will be
> produced
> > by autogen, if you have all the necessary applications installed...
>
> Jan or Han-Wen said we could do this.  Unless something changed in
> the past year -- which it might have :(  -- it will work.  I spent
> at least three years doing that.
>
> > Also, you might need to install pngtopnm:
> >
> > sh: line 1: pngtopnm: command not found
>
> Yes, this will be necessary.
>

> I'm wondering more about these lines that happened during "make -C
> python":
>
> powerpc-apple-darwin8-gcc-4.0.1: ERROR:: No such file or directory
> powerpc-apple-darwin8-gcc-4.0.1: pkg-config: No such file or
> directory
> powerpc-apple-darwin8-gcc-4.0.1: not: No such file or directory
> powerpc-apple-darwin8-gcc-4.0.1: found: No such file or directory
> cc1: error: unrecognized command line option "-fcflags"
> cc1: error: unrecognized command line option "-fcflags"
> cc1: error: unrecognized command line option "-fcflags"
> cc1: error: unrecognized command line option "-fcflags"
> lipo: can't open input file: /var/tmp//ccjUksrx.out (No such file
> or directory)
> make: *** [out/midi.lo] Error 1
>

> if he can't build python stuff (namely lilypond-book), then he's
> hosed.
>
> I could try to look at this in a day or two, but there's lots of
> other things I need to be doing in town and university.  (such as
> buying toilet paper.  Gee, these residences are cheap!  I figured
> they'd give me one roll so I didn't have to find a Tesco or
> Sainsburys or whatever on my very first day here...!)
:-) Good luck!

> For anybody who cares about the new website, especially getting it
> running on master, helping him fix (or just install the additional
> software) would be a good thing.  :)
>
> Cheers,
> - Graham

I think the main problem is that there is something wrong with my installation
of MacPort/Darwinport even though I got the message that it was successful. All
my other problems seem to be related to this issue as the additional software
needs darwinports to be installed.
When I type sudo port -d selfupdate I get the following errors:

DEBUG: Synchronizing ports tree(s)
Synchronizing local ports tree from rsync://rsync.macports.org/release/ports/
DEBUG: /usr/bin/rsync -rtzv --delete-after
rsync://rsync.macports.org/release/ports/
/opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/ports
dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found: _close$UNIX2003
  Referenced from: /opt/local/share/macports/Tcl/pextlib1.0/Pextlib.dylib
  Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib

dyld: Symbol not found: _close$UNIX2003
  Referenced from: /opt/local/share/macports/Tcl/pextlib1.0/Pextlib.dylib
  Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib

dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found: _close$UNIX2003
  Referenced from: /opt/local/share/macports/Tcl/pextlib1.0/Pextlib.dylib
  Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib

dyld: Symbol not found: _close$UNIX2003
  Referenced from: /opt/local/share/macports/Tcl/pextlib1.0/Pextlib.dylib
  Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib

Trace/BPT trap

When I type cd /opt/local/bin/portslocation/dports/fontconfig I get the
message: No such file or directory.

I added export PATH=$PATH:/opt/local/bin to .bash_profile and created the
directories portslocation and dports manually. Then I entered export
PATH=$PATH:/opt/local/bin and got the same error messages as above.

Maybe this helps?!

Thanks for any hint,
patrick