Re: Fixing Collisions

From: fiëé visuëlle
Subject: Re: Fixing Collisions
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2009 14:38:11 +0200

Am 2009-09-19 um 14:13 schrieb Xavier Scheuer:

2009/9/19 Kieren MacMillan <address@hidden>:
Hi,

How would you solve these two collisions?:

Which collision(s), exactly?
When I compile [in 2.12.2 or 2.13.3] the score you posted, there is nothing
I would call a "collision".

I suppose it's the (double) 'a', first note of the second measure.

Fiëé, you want to merge these two 'a' notes with different note heads ?
Use "\mergeDifferentlyHeadedOn" before the fisrt 'a'.

More info here :
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.13/Documentation/user/lilypond/Multiple-voices.html#Collision-resolution

Hi,
Kieren's original message didn't make it into my inbox.

Maybe it's not something you would call a collision, but two ugly details, and I'm unsure what to do about.

\version "2.12"
smN = \override NoteHead #'font-size = #-2
\relative c'' {
        \clef treble
        \key d \minor
        \time 4/4
        << { d,2 r } \\ { \smN a'4( g f e) } >> |
        << a2 \\ { \smN a8 g f e } >>
}

* Would you change the stem direction and/or the slur placement in the first measure?

* Would you move the eights in the second measure to the right or combine the different note heads or what else? Would you change the stem direction?

Greetlings from Lake Constance
---
fiëé visuëlle
Henning Hraban Ramm