Png image files are always 859x1111

From: Johan Hoogenboezem
Subject: Png image files are always 859x1111
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 09:43:53 +0200

Hi Everyone
I've been experimenting with Lilypond to see how I might project music with an overhead projector for sing-alongs. While playing with the png format option I noticed that the png image is always cropped to be 859x1111 pixels (which corresponds the "Letter" size, I believe). I say "cropped" because I can make the standard lilypond footer line move around by changing paper sizes, but the image size never changes.
I am running version 2.12.2 of Lilypond on a Windows XP machine with ample resources. This is the lilypond file I played with (a snippet I found on the website):

#(set-default-paper-size "a5" 'landscape)
\paper {
  #(set-paper-size "a5")
}
\relative c'' {
a1 a  a
% move to right position
-\tweak #'extra-offset #'(-2 . -4.5)
% place in bottom layer
-\tweak #'layer #-1
^\markup {
   % specify color
   \with-color #(rgb-color 1 0.5 0.5)
   % specify size
   \filled-box #'(0 . 8) #'(0 . 4) #0

I played with various combinations of 'set-default-paper-size' and 'set-paper-size'. I found that the pdf output format takes the paper size into account, but never the png one. I even created a new output form size and edited paper.scm as suggested elsewhere - still with no effect on png (although it worked with pdf).

Is there something else I need to take into account with png? Some other property or setting I need to change, perhaps?
I would like to get it to work with png format as that opens up other possibilities for me which won't be available with pdf or ps formats.

Kind regards,

Johan Hoogenboezem