another route from MIDI to lilypond

From: Laura Conrad
Subject: another route from MIDI to lilypond
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 13:13:29 -0400

I was frustrated only this week by the problems of getting a MIDI file
into lilypond via midi2ly, so when I got a newsletter from Noteflight
<http://www.noteflight.com/> saying that they now have MIDI import, I
did a quick test.

It turns out to be fairly simple to import the MIDI file into
noteflight, export a MusicXML file from noteflight, and import the
MusicXML into lilypond via musicxml2ly.

The result has different problems from the one produced by the midi2ly
route, but they may be easier for some people to deal with.

I have blogged about this in more detail at
<http://www.serpentpublications.org/laymusic/?p=1531>.

The noteflight score that comes out of the MIDI import step is at
<http://www.noteflight.com/scores/view/355f8b7e0db88c42ae07d87a1be593c5bb3d7bd6>.

--
Laura   (mailto:address@hidden)
(617) 661-8097  233 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139

I believe in hell because the theological virtue of faith makes me
believe in hell, but the theological virtue of charity makes me
exercise the theological virtue of hope that no one is there!

Teilhard de Chardin, quoted by Cokie Roberts in _Being Catholic Now_
by Kerry Kennedy