Re: slurs and bars in vocal music

From: fiëé visuëlle
Subject: Re: slurs and bars in vocal music
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 22:17:31 +0200

Am 2009-09-25 um 21:03 schrieb Carl Sorensen:
The reason why I didn't just use [] instead of () is that I didn't
want to check and change the lyrics of all the songs that were already
typeset. I guess I'll use that approach for the rest of the songbook.

But the documentation says that if auto-beaming is switched off, then manual beaming creates a melisma. So you should be able to switch () for [] and
not have to play with the lyrics as all.

Is this functionality not working?

The documentation is right, of course - I didn't knew that until I tried it... :)

BTW: Most of my sources for this songbook use that oldfashioned style, and I know some aren't younger than 10 years.
But this songbook is for old people anyway. ;-)

Just, pretty please: Could someone tell me how to get chord names with -is and -es (saying "fis" and not "f#")?
Or of course point me to the appropriate chapter of the docs.

Greetlings from Lake Constance
---
fiëé visuëlle
Henning Hraban Ramm