Re: Problem spacing arpeggio

From: Nick Payne
Subject: Re: Problem spacing arpeggio
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 18:30:53 +1000

Kieren MacMillan wrote:
Hi Nick,

in the second bar, using the same override does nothing to
increase the spacing between the arpeggio and the preceding note.

Hmmm... that's probably because of the multiple-voices... but seems like maybe a bug?

What means can I use to increase the spacing there?

Well, it's kind of hacky, but...

\stemPad = {
  \once \override Staff.Stem #'X-extent = #'(0 . 2)
Thanks, that does the trick. And further on, where I had an arpeggio that was sitting on top of the preceding barline, I had to use \once \override Staff.BarLine #'extra-spacing-width = #'(0 . 2)

Nick