Re: special markings for string players....

From: Ralph Palmer
Subject: Re: special markings for string players....
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 10:44:31 -0400

Paul and Marc -

My apologies for the late reply -- I was on vacation last week, with no internet access. For the circumflex indicating a half step, take a look at the Learning Manual and possibly the index, and look for \markup.

For the bowing markers, I've seen H or Fr, T or P, M, LH, UH and WH, for heel or frog, tip or point, middle, lower half, upper half, and whole bow, respectively. I'm also attaching .png files showing graphic symbols from a book I have. The symbols should be self-explanatory. If not, feel free to email me for clarification.

Ralph