Re: Very very slow Lilypond uninstall on Windows

From: Patrick McCarty
Subject: Re: Very very slow Lilypond uninstall on Windows
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 00:51:47 -0800

On 2009-11-09, Patrick McCarty wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 3:15 PM, Nick Payne <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Patrick McCarty wrote:
> >>
> >> I should have said "about half" of the files.  Most (if not all) of
> >> the nonexistent files are supposed to be in the "\usr\docs\"
> >> hierarchy.  The directory structure exists, but the files aren't
> >> there.
> >
> > Yes, nearly all of the time of the uninstall is spent doing something in the
> > \usr\docs dir structure, according to the path information shown in the
> > uninstall dialog.
>
> Okay, that's what I suspected.
>
> After a few quick searches on Google, it looks like many of the HTML
> files in files.txt are part of the "db" package (the GUB spec is in
> gub/specs/db.py), which is used to build LilyPond for Windows.
>
> So maybe something needs to be fixed with the install stage of db?  I
> will try to build tools::db and mingw::db to see if I can tell what's
> happening.

Here's an update:

I just built tools::db with GUB, and I found an extensive set of
directories under

  target/tools/root/usr/docs/

...but, almost every file is a symlink to a non-existent HTML file,
which explains why the HTML files are missing from the Windows
installers.  For example, target/tools/root/usr/docs/index.html points
here:

/home/pnorcks/git/gub/target/tools/root/home/pnorcks/git/gub/target/tools/src/db-4.7.25/docs/index.html

I'm not sure what to do here.  But IWBN if db did not install any of
these invalid symlinks.

-Patrick