octave

From: Francesco Petrogalli
Subject: octave
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 13:08:56 +0100

Hi,
a friend send me a score written with encore, I am "porting" it in
lilypond. This score has 4 instruments, a sax, a cello and two pianos.

Now, the part of the first piano has to be played an octave higher the
what is written on the score, so the guy who has written it with
encore has placed an "8" over the clefs of the piano staves.

Is this a standard way to specify to play an octave higher?
If yes, how can I do this with lilypond?
If not, what should I do? Which is the "standard" way?

Thanks,

Francesco

--
Francesco Petrogalli