Re: Manually place a clef object?

From: Neil Puttock
Subject: Re: Manually place a clef object?
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 20:47:52 +0000

2009/11/12 James E. Bailey <address@hidden>:

> In such a case, I would use markup: have a hidden time signature with one
> extra quarter note, remove the stem from the note engraver, change the
> stencil for the notehead to be the requested clef, and then use either
> \raise or \lower to get it to the proper height.

Another option is to add the clef to the edge of the repeat barline:

\once \override Staff.BarLine #'stencil =
  #(lambda (grob)
     (ly:stencil-combine-at-edge
      (ly:bar-line::print grob)
       X LEFT
       (grob-interpret-markup grob
        (markup #:raise 1 #:musicglyph "clefs.C_change"))
         ;; this is the padding between clef and barline
         0.5))

Regards,
Neil