RE: Free-time music with correct accidentals

From: Richard Sabey
Subject: RE: Free-time music with correct accidentals
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 21:05:16 +0000

Thank you, Neil. Combining our ideas, I tried

x = { \cadenzaOff \set Staff.localKeySignature = #'() \bar "|" \cadenzaOn }

which had the effect I wanted.

Luckily the piece I was working on had a key signature of nothing. However, on trying with a non-null key signature, I find that it makes Lilypond engrave accidentals as if the key signature had changed to nothing. I didn't fancy having to set a key signature using a LISP construct, but fortunately a construct like this has my desired effect:

x = { \cadenzaOff
    \key a \major
    \override Staff.KeySignature #'stencil = ##f
    \bar "|"
    \cadenzaOn
}

Have more than one Hotmail account? Link them together to easily access both.