Re: bar line

From: Brett Duncan
Subject: Re: bar line
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 13:15:58 +1100

Hugh Myers wrote:
Brett,

Much thanks, missed that combination. Now how do I get that to spit
out at the start of a second \alternative?

code:

    \repeat volta 2 {
     \firstPoly
    }
    \alternative {
      { \firstPolyRepeat }
      { \secondMono }
    }

which doesn't seem to produce the correct bars, one at end of first
alternative and one at end of second? The first bar is just ':|' and
it is where I would expect the one I asked about. There is no bar at
end of second alternative, where I would expect a ':|' as being a sign
I'm correctly handling the repeat.

I think your understanding of the code you've shown above may be somewhat amiss. The music in \secondMono is not repeated, so of course it will not have any repeat indications around it.

Have a look at

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.13/Documentation/notation/Long-repeats#Normal-repeats

Brett