Re: hack spacing of triplet against swung 8.+16

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: hack spacing of triplet against swung 8.+16
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 15:04:03 -0500

Hi Alexander,

It's certainly easier for this special case, but the applyRhythm as is gives far more freedom than your example. If you have a rhythm like "4 4 8 8 4" in several voices, you can just say
  rhythmA = "4 4 8 8 4"
  sop = \applyRhythm #rhythmA { c d e f g | g f e d c }
  alt = \applyRhythm #rhythmA { g f e d c | c d e f g }
and don't have to care at all about the rhythm while entering the notes.

Very nice!

I'm looking forward to hearing from others whether this is the "cleanest" and most efficient implementation, or whether your fears about "production-stage" limitations are warranted — until then, I'll use it and consider myself a guinea pig. =)

Cheers,
Kieren.