Re: another problem with partcombine

From: Wilbert Berendsen
Subject: Re: another problem with partcombine
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 10:43:43 +0100

Op dinsdag 24 november 2009 schreef Stefan:

> Dear community,

> I've got another problem with partcombine.

> Is there a possibilitie to force lilypond to print the following (whithin

> the partcombine-command) in tow different voices?

> \version "2.12.2"

> upper = \relative c' {

> r8 c e g e c

> }

> lower = \relative c' {

> c4 r2

> }

> all ={ \new Staff { \partcombine \upper \lower } }

> \score { \all }

The partcombine command tries to "melt" the voices together. It you want to have 2 different voices you don't need the partcombine command, just enter the two voices with a voice separator in between, like the second score in this example:

upper = \relative c' {

  r8 c e g e c
}

lower = \relative c' {
  c4 r2
}

\score {
  \new Staff { \partcombine \upper \lower }
}

\score {
  \new Staff << \upper \\ \lower >>
}