Re: Drop D tuning

From: David Stocker
Subject: Re: Drop D tuning
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 2010 14:45:28 -0500

Brett,

This is a modification of the code I use to draw this mark. Maybe you can put this in the \header block somewhere where it will appear in the appropriate place. I place this mark below the first system's clef by attaching it to the first note an then using an \tweak or an offset script to maneuver it to where I want it to go.

To really understand how this works and how the command relate to each other, I'd recommend looking up each of these commands in the "Command index" and reading the sections that they are explained in:

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.12/Documentation/user/lilypond/LilyPond-command-index#LilyPond-command-index

\markup {
 \column {
   \line {
     \general-align #Y #CENTER {
       \circle \fontsize #-4.5 \musicglyph #"six" \tiny { "= D" }

Brett McCoy wrote:
I have a score where I need to indicate Drop D tuning for the guitar
(6th string is tuned down to D). The typical way this is indicated in
guitar music is a (6) = D (circle with a 6 in it = D), placed at the
top left of page 1 under the title, but above a tempo mark. I am
relatively new to Lilypond and am unsure how to do this... any
suggestions?

-- Brett