normal vs. piano-centered dynamics

From: Martin Tarenskeen
Subject: normal vs. piano-centered dynamics
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2010 10:41:38 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

I just discovered that with the current versions of Lilypond it is now much easier to get piano-centered-dynamics than in older versions thanks to a Dynamics context. Apparently I had missed the introduction of this nice feature, but a late thanks anyway !

I do have a question: Why is the horizontal positioning different when using dynamics attached to notes like { c4\mf } and dynamics that are entered in a Dynamics context ? The latter are positioned more to the left. I don't like that. I like the horizontal positioning of dynamics that are attached to notes much better. Is this a known issue, intended behaviour, or bug ?

I'm using lilypond-2.13.17 for testing now.
Small example attached. I have also had centered dynamics collide with a barline once, but I can't reproduce that right now. But that problem was caused by the same issue I think.

--

Martin Tarenskeen