Re: Vertical Spacing

From: Xavier Scheuer
Subject: Re: Vertical Spacing
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 01:31:13 +0200

2010/4/23 Walter Hofmeister <address@hidden>:
> Hi,
>        I have been trying to get a handle on vertical spacing for
> a while now with no luck. Everything that I have tried since about
> 2.11 has not worked at all. Here is a sample of a test that I have
> made up:
>
> [...]
>
> Can anybody tell me what I am doing wrong? I have checked the
> archives and have found that this question is coming up but there
> have not been any explanations as to how the new spacing now works.
> The docs seem to be very much like the docs have always been in this
> section but I think that I am trying to do what they are suggesting
> but nothing seems to work. Any help in this regard would be much
> appreciated. Thanks.

Hi,

Vertical spacing syntax has changed for 2.13.
Please check 2.13 version of the doc:
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.13/Documentation/notation/vertical-spacing#Vertical-spacing
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.13/Documentation/notation/page-formatting#Vertical-dimensions
(second one explain better the new syntax).

See also the answer I gave here:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2010-02/msg00393.html

Cheers,
Xavier