RE: unalign candanza like multimeasure improvisation

From: tiM Sportny
Subject: RE: unalign candanza like multimeasure improvisation
Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 17:16:43 +0000

Niel Thornock:
> Hi Tim,
> How does it "get worse"? I've done similar things, scaling durations
> in the free part, with perfectly acceptable results. I'm not sure
> here which exact problems you are encountering.

It's not that LP does anything wrong, I'm looking for a way to let LP do it
wrong. So in the example below, i want equal spacing between the eights, no
matter what's happening in the improvisation measure below it. Looking at the
example the notes in the upper measure are "making room" for what happens in
the improvisation measure below it. But since i don't care about timing i'd
prefer the notes to be equidistant. And this also works the other way around.
The glissando from the low to the ases is making room for two eights above,
making the glissando wider, but again, I don't want LP to care about that.

With "getting worse" i mean that the stuff i've tried (like temporarily setting
the timing off) only has side effects and not the intended result.