Re: Editing tool: transpose 8ve

From: Dmytro O. Redchuk
Subject: Re: Editing tool: transpose 8ve
Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 10:09:12 +0300

On Tue 25 May 2010, 13:00 David Raleigh Arnold wrote:
> Sometimes you want to move some lilypond notes quick. This bash script
> does it. It requires sed and xsel. A windows version should be similar.
> If for some reason there is a problem, octava-up.sed and ottava-down.sed
> may be moved. The '"'"' makes perfect sense, eventually, but it's
> gnarly. Regards, daveA
I'd say, doing this in Scheme is a much better thing in some cases --- it is
"rollbackable" easily, configurable and so on. In some cases :-)

As for me :-)

I wrote for myself some function to octaviate up or down those pitches, which
are below or above some position specified (as a distance from middle C) ---
it's based on http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=445 (but seems to process
chords correctly, does not produce doubled pitches (prima)).

Now i've just modified (stripped down) it to move those pitches up or down,
deleting original pitch while moving, see attached. Again, a "threshold" is a
distance from middle C.

I wish i did it smarter, probably (one tool to octaviate/move, with selective
pitch deletion in a chords) --- but i am not sure i need it actually.

Well, it does not add ties, i've added it to \mel where wanted .)

--
  Dmytro O. Redchuk