Re: programming error: stopped tuplet bracket has left nor right bound

From: Xavier Scheuer
Subject: Re: programming error: stopped tuplet bracket has left nor right bound
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2010 10:42:45 +0200

2010/7/10 Nick Payne <address@hidden>:

> I'm getting this error in the console output - no indication is given
> of where in the source is causing the error. The PDF output is fine.
> I did a google search for the error message but didn't find anything
> that seemed relevant.  There are tuplets all the way through this
> score, so after showing the tuplet numbers and brackets for the
> first bar, I set
>
> \override TupletBracket #'stencil = ##f
> \override TupletNumber #'stencil = ##f
>
> to turn them off. I'm now up to bar 42, and the error first showed
> a couple of bars back. What does it mean? using v2.13.27.

Hi!

The same error message has been mentioned by Trevor here:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-lilypond/2009-12/msg00323.html
The related issue was concerning \tempo and is fixed since 2.13.24.

There are other "false positive" warnings concerning tuplets:
"no tuplet to end" but they seem related to quoted voice.

Do you use something "special" in your score?
Can you provide a "minimal example" code?

Cheers,
Xavier

--
Xavier Scheuer <address@hidden>