lyrics alignment problems with slurs and ties

From: Werner
Subject: lyrics alignment problems with slurs and ties
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2010 14:58:33 +0000 (UTC)

Hello,

using an \addlyrics block I found out, that lilypond puts only one syllable to
notes connected with a slur ( ) automatically. (This is also said in the docs.)
If I want another behavior, I have to use phrasing slurs \( \). Fine. Problem
solved.
Also to notes connected with ties, lilypond aligns only one syllable. Fine too.

But using \lyricmode and \lyricsto I found, that lilypond wants to put one
syllable to every note even if connected with ties!
Here I had to add a “ _ ” or a “\skip1” for every note connected with a tie.

Why \lyricsto doesn’t behave like \addlyrics here?

Greetings

Werner

PS:
The docs
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.13/Documentation/notation-big-page#multiple-notes-to-one-syllable
say, lilypond should align only one syllable to tied notes, but it doesn’t.