Meterless typesetting help

From: Richie Gress
Subject: Meterless typesetting help
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2010 09:29:12 -0400

I am trying to engrave music that has no meter; this is what I need help doing:
  • I need to engrave a score that has no time signature: I was thinking about entering the time signature in but having a universal command that will hide it whenever it changes.
  • I need to specify where I want the barlines to go.
  • I need to have some staves disappear when they only have rests in them, and then reappear later when they begin to have music again.
  • And finally I need to set the paper size to 8.5 * 11''
Could I have a little bit of help in doing these things, especially with the rhythms I need? I appreciate it very much...