Re: lilypond-book and fonts

From: Xavier Scheuer
Subject: Re: lilypond-book and fonts
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 20:08:13 +0200

On 13 September 2010 19:37, Christopher Meredith <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hate to ask this here beause I know it's really a LaTeX question.
> But I'm looking for a way to change the default font for text elements
> in lilypond-book.  I want to use the same OTF font I use for lyric text
> in LilyPond.  I presume this will require the use of a package but I
> know virtually nothing about LaTeX. Any assistance appreciated!

Hi!

The easiest way would be to use \usepackage (only if the font is
available as it).
What's the name of the OTF font you use for lyric text?

A list of font available as \uspackage can be found at
http://www.tug.dk/FontCatalogue/ .
If you use LilyPond's default font for lyrics, then you should use the
New Century Schoolbook package, but I would rather suggest you to use
TEX Gyre Schola instead, since it is an enhanced version of it.

  \usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
  \usepackage{tgschola}

http://www.tug.dk/FontCatalogue/newcent/
http://www.tug.dk/FontCatalogue/tgschola/