Re: Two questions regarding page numbers

From: Neil Thornock
Subject: Re: Two questions regarding page numbers
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 08:58:23 -0600

>   1. Title pages: If I want to set page number to -1 to start the music at
> the second piece of paper, how can I force the number 0 to hide at the back
> of title page?

Do this (which works great for me in the 2.12 versions).  You will
need to modify the code if you don't want the page numbers positioned
this way:

\paper {
        first-page-number = -2  % set to whatever
        #(define (print-positive-page-number layout props arg)
        (if (> (chain-assoc-get 'page:page-number props -1) 1)
                (create-page-number-stencil layout props arg)
                empty-stencil))

        oddHeaderMarkup = \markup \fill-line {
                ""
                \on-the-fly #not-first-page \fromproperty #'header:instrument
                \bold \fontsize #2 \on-the-fly #print-positive-page-number
\fromproperty
                #'page:page-number-string
        }

        evenHeaderMarkup = \markup \fill-line {
                \bold \fontsize #2 \on-the-fly #print-positive-page-number
\fromproperty
                #'page:page-number-string
                \on-the-fly #not-first-page \fromproperty #'header:instrument
                ""

Neil Thornock, D.M.
The recent BYU Symphony Orchestra performance of Plutoids:
http://neilthornock.net/mp3s/plutoids.mp3
Assistant Professor of Music
Composition/Theory
Brigham Young University