Redefining barline command

From: Nils Gey
Subject: Redefining barline command
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2010 18:24:56 +0100

Hello Lilyponds,

I want to redefine (advanced version: only for the current movement) that
everytime I use \bar "|." instead, internaly, this should be used:

\once \override Score.BarLine #'transparent = ##f   \bar "|."

How can I do this?

Background: I deactivated barlines to get a mensural output. This deactivates
the final, closing, barline, too. |.
The transparent == ##t override can be placed in the movements layout block
which is fine because its valid only for one movement. But how do I get the
final barline back without placing the directive inside of a staff? A staff can
be deleted and the instruction would be lost.

My solution is to override the |. bar to be drawn over the complete staff.

Maybe there is a better solution to place \revert Score.BarLine #'transparent  ?

Greetings,

Nils
http://www.denemo.org