Re: Creating arbitrary lines (or other postscript things)

From: Andrew C. Smith
Subject: Re: Creating arbitrary lines (or other postscript things)
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 14:10:27 -0500

>> Also (again not Scheme) see
>>
>> http://lilypond.org/examples.html
>
> Sorry I forgot to mention i was referring to the Schenker Graph.
>
> James

Ah, interesting. Yeah, I suppose I didn't think to search for voice following
lines across staves.

One issue that also came up (and that I somewhat solved) is that the notes will
probably be sounding simultaneously. If you'll look at my script below, you'll
see that I used "s2" instead of "r2" as a placeholder to space it out a little
bit. Luckily, the voice follower ignores this--when I used r2 it would try to
draw a line from the rest to the note, which is philosophically interesting but
unfortunately wrong.

Thanks a lot for your help--here's the current script:

\version "2.12.3"

\score {
   \new StaffGroup {
   \set StaffGroup.followVoice = ##t

<<
   \new Staff=one {
                \override VoiceFollower #'style = #'dashed-line
                << {c'1} {s2 \change Staff = "three" b2} >> a s2
        }

   \new Staff=two {
                \override VoiceFollower #'style = #'dashed-line
                g'2 f' \change Staff = "one" e'1
        }

   \new Staff=three {
                s1 s