Re: TabStaff feature requests

From: Steve Yegge
Subject: Re: TabStaff feature requests
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 07:56:46 -0800

Hi Marc,

I've tried out your patch and it works like a charm!
Unfortunately it seems to be happiest in absolute pitch mode.
When I switch to relative mode it yields unexpected results.
I've modified your harmonic-test.ly to demonstrate the issue.

\include "./harmonic.ly"

test = {
 e,4
 \harmonicByRatio #1/2  e,\6
 \harmonicByRatio #1/3  a,\5
 \harmonicByRatio #2/3  d,\4 |
 \harmonicByRatio #1/4 { g8\3 b\2 e'\1 b\2 < g b e >2 } |
 e,1 | % check whether tab note head is restored
 \harmonicByFret #12 e'4\1
 \ottava #1
 \harmonicByFret #7 e'4\1
 \harmonicByFret #5 e'4\1
 \ottava #2
 \harmonicByFret #4 < b\2 e'\1 >4 |
 \harmonicByFret #3 < g\3 b\2 e'\1 >4
 \harmonicByFret #2.7 < g\3 b\2 e'\1 >4
 \harmonicByFret #2.3 < g\3 b\2 e'\1 >4
 \harmonicByFret #2 < g\3 b\2 e'\1 >4 |
 \ottava #0
 e,1 | % check whether tab note head is restored
}

reltest = \relative c {
  b'8\2 [ e\1 ]  % verify pitch for open strings
  \harmonicByFret #12 b\2 [
  \harmonicByFret #12 e\1 ]
  \harmonicByFret #7 b\2 [
  \harmonicByFret #7 e\1 ]
  \harmonicByFret #5 b\2 [
  \harmonicByFret #5 e\1 ]
}

\paper {
  ragged-right = ##f
}

\score {
  <<
    \new Staff {
      \new Voice {
        \clef "treble_8"
        \override Voice.StringNumber #'transparent = ##t
        \test
        \break
        \reltest
    \new TabStaff {
      \new TabVoice {
        \test
        \break
        \reltest

At first glance it appears to be adding an octave to the current base
pitch each time a harmonic is created.

-steve