Re: vim&Lilypond learning curve_jazzchord font_bars per line? 3 question

From: Tim McNamara
Subject: Re: vim&Lilypond learning curve_jazzchord font_bars per line? 3 questions
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2010 13:41:12 -0600

On Dec 2, 2010, at 10:06 AM, LazyLew wrote:

I have some simple questions - can't find it in the manuals so far, because
there's so much there.

- is it easy to adapt fonts for chords? I like 'em bold, the way you often
see in jazz sheets.

On a Mac anything with changing fonts seems to be very hard to get operational. But the default is pretty legible. I'm sure someone here can provide a tweak that will produce bold fonts for the chord names.

- is it easy to control the amount of measures per line? I stick to 4 as
rule of thumb as much as possible.

I put a \break after every fourth bar in the melody.

- is the learning curve doable for a combination of vim and Lilypond? I'm
new at both, and am 53, so don't have decades left to learn.

I belong to the other religion, the Church of Emacs. Vi(m) has its adherents, even though I can't understand it. But any plain text editor will do, so long as it will write ASCII text and let you save the file with a .ly extension.