Re: problem with complicated tuplets (xenakis)

From: Jan Warchoł
Subject: Re: problem with complicated tuplets (xenakis)
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2010 08:56:00 +0100

Hi,

2010/12/10 Sepand Shahab <address@hidden>

> Dear list members,
>
> I'm having a problem with tuplets displaying correctly in certain situations
> but
> not in others. for example, the following works fine on its own:
>
> \time 4/4
> c32 c c16
> \times 8/7 {c16 c c c c c32 c c16}
> \times 7/6 {c c c c c c }
> \times 5/4 { c16 c c c32 c  }
> \times 4/3 {c16 c32 c c c  }
> \times 4/3 {c16 c c }
> \times 5/4 { c c c32 c c16   }
> \times 6/5 {c16 c c32 c c c c16   }
> \times 7/6 { c16 c c32 c c16 c32  c c c }
>
> But it does not display correctly if there is a part above it with similarly
> complicated tuplets.  For example if you take what's above and put it in the
> left hand of a piano part, then take the exact same music, shift it over by
> one
> measure and place it in the right hand, something goes wrong.  why?
> I'm using lilypond version 2.13.7-1 on osx 10.6.5

I tried doing what you described but the output seems quite acceptable...
Can you please do the following:
- create a complete code (two staves with above tuplets shifted by 1
measure or whatever else that show that wrong output),
- create a png from it (either directly, see Program usage 3.2.2
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.12/Documentation/user/lilypond-program/Command-line-options-for-lilypond#Command-line-options-for-lilypond.
or indirectly, by creating a pdf and taking a screenshot of it),
- mark what's wrong on that png,
- send the png with the code that was used to create it to the mailing
list (png must be small - max 60 kB if i remember correctly - or you
have to host it somewhere and send us a link)

cheers,
Janek