Re: pb with 2.13 with doc example fret diagram

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: pb with 2.13 with doc example fret diagram
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2010 07:53:54 -0700

On 12/22/10 7:19 AM, "Marc Mouries" <address@hidden> wrote:
> As a matter of fact, I would suggest to make it even simpler.  Use
> whatever internal notation is easier to implement and provide a list of
> tuning like the languages.
> Something like:
>
> \tuning = "violin"
> or
> \include instrument-tunings
>
> One of those command include a file containing the tunings for guitar,
> violin, mandolin (same as violin), ukulele, bass, ...
>
> \storePredefinedDiagram \dMajor
>                          #violinTuning
>                          #"o;o;o;3-3;"

We have done that for fretted instruments.  We have lots of different
guitar, bass, banjo, and ukulele tunings defined, along with a mandolin
tuning (see scm/tablature.scm).  We haven't defined tunings for violin,
viola, bass, or cello since they aren't fretted instruments, and tablature
was developed for fretted instruments.

I'm not saying we can't do this; I'm just saying we haven't.

I think there are two questions here, both of which are important:

1) How do we add a new tuning?

2) What default tunings do we add?

We should deal appropriately with both.

Thanks,