Re: More SVG madness

From: Mike Solomon
Subject: Re: More SVG madness
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2010 20:21:54 +0100

James - this is not a bad idea, and it is actually very easy to implement the
visual component for short excerpts using libraries like DoJo, but the problem
would be animation/audio synchronization.  The audio and animation are run on
two different clocks, and thus, the synchronization will get progressively off.
 I am just starting to scratch the surface of the HTML5 audio API that gives
you more fine-tuned control over this sort of thing, although it will take me
time to figure out if tight to-the-sample synchronization can be done w/o too
much computational cost.

What I am currently working on is a lexer that reads several related SVG files
and relates paths with the same ID and generates code to effectuate animated
transitions between different instances of the same object.  This can be used
for Keynote-like presentations with music, clicking through various
incarnations of a score that blend seamlessly into each other.  Obviously, this
becomes orders of magnitude harder once audio linkage is involved for the
reasons described above.

Merry Christmas!
~Mike