A small but vexing problem

From: Michael Ellis
Subject: A small but vexing problem
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2010 14:11:38 -0500

I think I mentioned in a prior post that I'm creating LilyPond versions of 400 Bach chorales with moveable do solfege beneath the notes.  I've now got workable versions for the chorales with all parts together and hope to have them up on a website soon with pdf and midi files available also.  I'd also like to include individual part versions of the file, so a user can see and hear a single part.  The one stumbling block I'm hitting is the fermatas at phrase ends.  The source I'm using for the notes in each parts has the fermatas only in the soprano line.

Does anyone have a clever idea for automating the process of creating corresponding fermatas for the other parts?

Thanks,
Mike