Re: Alternate style sheets

From: Alexander Kobel
Subject: Re: Alternate style sheets
Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2011 12:42:14 +0100

On 2011-01-04 12:29, Phil Holmes wrote:
> The LilyPond web site (http://lilypond.org/website/) and the
> documentation (e.g.
> http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.12/Documentation/user/lilypond/index.html)
> both have alternate style sheets, which means that we have 4 more style
> sheets to maintain than we really need.  Does anyone actually use them?

I switched to Andrew's design for my local version of the manuals when
these styles were discussed the first time.  I never spent thoughts on
this since then, and I don't feel irritated when I open the online
references from another PC where my settings do not apply.  No need to
keep them from my POV.
On a closer look, I also think that only the default CSS for the docs
integrates well with the design of the main site.

By the way, on the main page, both alternate designs let the LilyPond
logo collide with other stuff on my machine (Firefox 3.6.13, Ubuntu
Maverick default).

Cheers,
Alexander