Re: How do I stop circles from wobbling?

From: Neil Puttock
Subject: Re: How do I stop circles from wobbling?
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 22:22:46 +0000

On 2 January 2011 19:18, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:

> I don't see anything in the notation manual that would tell me why.

The circles don't change the baselines of the text, hence why you get
uneven alignment.  \general-align #Y #DOWN simply shifts the baseline
to the bottom of each circle.

Perhaps we should add vertical analogues of \left-align and
\right-align instead of relying on \general-align; this might reduce
the confusion (though I'm not sure what we'd call them.)

> Care to put it there?

What's wrong with the example in the markup docs?

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.13/Documentation/notation/align#index-_005cgeneral_002dalign-3

Cheers,
Neil