Re: highlighting notes in pdf, synchronized pdf and midi playback

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: highlighting notes in pdf, synchronized pdf and midi playback
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 23:47:57 +0100

2011/1/18 Federico Bruni <address@hidden>

> Janek,
>
> I guess that you forgot to reply to the list

Yes. Sorry about that, i forgot this quite often...

> Il giorno mar, 18/01/2011 alle 15.56 +0100, Janek Warchoł ha scritto:
> > >
> > > The most recent version of Frescobaldi uses KMid as internal midi player.
> > > When you press Play, you can see the number and the beat of the bar being
> > > played.
>
> To be precise, you don't see it on the .pdf
> You see on the bottom left, where the MIDI controllers (play, pause,
> stop) are. It's not what you are looking for.
>
> But I wonder if it could be the first step to get the synchronized
> highlighting on the PDF.  I was thinking about asking this feature
> request on Frescobaldi mailing list (maybe I'll do it later).

That would be great!
I don't feel like doing this myself since i'm not using Frescobaldi....

> > Too bad i use Windows...
>
> Well, keep an eye open on Frescobaldi development.
> Maybe next major release, 2.0, which should be released around the end
> of the year, will support Mac and Windows.
>
> Check these links:
> http://frescobaldi.org/development
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2010-12/msg00676.html

Yes, i heard about it. As for now i can only wait.
Hopefully when i overcome problems with virtualBox i'll do something
useful for LilyPond itself.

> Also, there will be the two-way point-and-click (a feature currently
> present only in LilypondTool, AFAIK).

This would be very nice.

Thank you again for your help!
Janek