Re: ChordName Font [was: lilypond cameo]

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: ChordName Font [was: lilypond cameo]
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 11:03:44 +0000

On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 09:22:12AM +0100, Marc Hohl wrote:
> Am 21.12.2010 03:17, schrieb Graham Percival:
> >>Excellent! How do we move forward and include this font?
> >>btw are there any other nice fonts that we could include as well?
> >Somebody produces a patch, for lilypond git and/or GUB as
> >necessary, and we will examine it.  There are no guarantees that
> >we will accept any patch.
> Do I need to fiddle with GUB to install a otf font file?

I don't know.  I don't even know what an otf font file is.

> I understand (roughly) how the metafont stuff works, but
> the JazzChord font is otf. I feel that pasting this file anywhere
> in lilypond's build tree won't suffice to make the font available :-/

That sounds reasonable.  So obviously you need to
1. look at the otf-reading code to see how it loads stuff
2. figure out how to distribute an otf file by adding it to git
and then figuring out how to make the build system include it in
the data
3. maybe not do anything in GUB after all

Estimated frog time: 20 hours.

Cheers,
- Graham