Re: error in predefined chord diagram?

From: bart deruyter
Subject: Re: error in predefined chord diagram?
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2011 11:43:26 +0100

Perhaps a solution would be like what is being done with midi, setting a midi instrument. That way automatically the correct diagram for this specific instrument can be shown.

e.g :

Chords = \chordmode {
\setDiagramInstrument ="#guitar"
cis:dim
}
notes =  {
\relative c

{
<  e g cis g' >2 | cis4 \mark "kl. terts" e| e \mark "kl. terts"  g \bar "|."
\new Score {
<<

    \new ChordNames { \Chords }
      \new FretBoards { \Chords }
     \new Staff
{

       \clef "treble_8" \time 2/4 \key d\major \notes

http://www.bartart3d.be/

2011/1/30 David Kastrup <address@hidden>
Patrick Schmidt <address@hidden> writes:

> Am 30.01.2011 um 10:45 schrieb bart deruyter:
>
>     I can only  speak for guitarists, because I am a guitarist,
>     classical guitarist, and I'll definatly stick to the correct
>     naming for the correct chords, and I am now going to create my own
>     version of this predefined guitar diagrams list. If all goes well,
>     and I can manage it, I want to upload it for everyones use of
>     course.
>
> This has been discussed on the tablature list and I'm working on a
> solution. There are several problems to solve. For example you can't
> define two different chord shapes for the same chord in one list.

As I mentioned: the task "map keyboard chords in a normal score to
different chords in a normal score" is necessary for other instruments
not concerned with string diagrams at all.

So we should have a mapping infrastructure independent from string
diagrams, and have a function converting a string diagram into an
appropriate string-agnostic data structure for the mapping.

--
David Kastrup