Re: Scheme : compiling text and score sequences

From: Jan-Peter Voigt
Subject: Re: Scheme : compiling text and score sequences
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2011 13:18:06 +0100

Hello Bertrand,

I reworked this snippet a little bit to display asterisks instead of numbers. This is the way we usually see those little footnotes in published notes - but it still faces a similar problem:
If you have several staffs, the remarks are ordered first in system- *then* in timing-order. The code is actually executed beyond parsing time.
So if you have
--snip--
  \score { <<
      \new Staff
      \relative c' {
        \repeat unfold 10 { c d e f }
        \musicEndNote #"8music"
        \repeat unfold 10 { c d e f }
        \bar "|."
      }
      \new Staff
      \relative c' {
        \repeat unfold 9 { c d e f }
        \musicEndNote #"7music"
        \repeat unfold 11 { c d e f }
        \bar "|."
      } >>
  }
--snip--
it will display in the endnotes

1) 8music
2) 7music

while having 7music "happen" a measure before 8music.

We have to find a way to get parsing order and timing order on board to get it right.

Hopefully I can think of this next days, weeks, whatever ...

By the way, I don't know if Neil Puttocks patch regarding issue 1490 is already in the master branch (I always merge ...) so endnotes in the middle of the measure might get pruned.
http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=1490&colspec=ID%20Type%20Status%20Priority%20Stars%20Owner%20Patch%20Summary

Best regards, Jan-Peter