Re: Crescendo over repeated measures using percents

From: Ben Finney
Subject: Re: Crescendo over repeated measures using percents
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2011 17:36:13 +1100

Jay Anderson <address@hidden> writes:

> \new Staff
> {
>   \new Voice \relative c'
>   {
>     <<
>       \repeat percent 4 { c8.-> c16-> c8. c16 c8. c16 c8. c16 }
>       {s1\< s s s s1*0\!}
>     >>
>   }
> }

That works, thank you.

So, let me see if I understand: you've added an extra voice for a
section of four measures (the two parts within the enclosing ‘<< … >>’).
The additional voice has four skips of a full measure each, and an fifth
skip of zero length to hold the crescendo terminator.

That's an elegant solution. I can see that it will be applicable in many
situations. Thanks again!

--
 \     “I wish there was a knob on the TV to turn up the intelligence. |
  `\          There's a knob called ‘brightness’ but it doesn't work.” |