Re: Prevent Repeats in Ossia

From: Bobby Smith
Subject: Re: Prevent Repeats in Ossia
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2011 18:14:26 -0800

I just realized that I messed up when creating my "tiny example". I accidentally pasted the repeat in front of the ossia. Here is the revised example:

%%%%%%%%%%%%
\version "2.12.3"

\new Staff = main \relative c'' {
c4 b d c
  <<
    \repeat volta 2 { r4 b d c }

    \new Staff \with {
      \remove "Time_signature_engraver"
      alignAboveContext = #"main"
      fontSize = #-3
      \override StaffSymbol #'padding = #-20
      \override StaffSymbol #'staff-space = #(magstep -3)
      \override StaffSymbol #'thickness = #(magstep -3)
      firstClef = ##f
    }
    { e4 d f e }

}

If you compile this, you will notice the repeat is also included in the ossia. I've tried several workarounds and they all seem to produce something with it's own flaws (bar lines vanish, staves extend beyond final bar, etc.). I simply want an ossia that doesn't have the repeats. In my real piece, the ossia corresponds to a percussion instrument that is used as a guide throughout the entire piece (e.g. Cuban clave). The fact that it repeats is implicit.

Bobby