Re: New version of articulate available

From: Peter Chubb
Subject: Re: New version of articulate available
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2011 19:21:33 +1100

>>>>> "Henning" == Henning Hraban Ramm <address@hidden> writes:

Henning> Am 2011-03-18 um 11:47 schrieb Graham Percival:

>> On Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 09:17:47AM +0100, Marc Hohl wrote:
>>> Just adding articulate.ly in ly/ and giving one example in the
>>> docs is probably not what you expect ...
>>
>> Why not?  That's certainly how I'd start going about this.  I
>> haven't looked at it, so I might notice some problem with that
>> approach when I see a patch.  Or other people might notice some
>> problem with the approach.  But that's definitely how to begin.

Henning> I wouldn’t make articulate default – I try it with every song
Henning> I typeset and like the result not always.

Henning> E.g. chords get shortened, that sounds ugly, esp. with organ
Henning> or the like. Or would I’ve to mark all chords tenuto? Of
Henning> course I can \articulate only some voices - but therefore it
Henning> must not be default.

The default phrasing is non-legato.  If you want chords to slur into
each other, articulate needs to know that --- so put them under a slur
or a phrasing slur.

Henning> Didn’t check: Does articulate handle fermatas/ritardandos?

It handles ritardandos if they're marked rall. or rit.

Fermatas are still on the to-do list.

--
Dr Peter Chubb  http://www.gelato.unsw.edu.au  peterc AT gelato.unsw.edu.au
http://www.ertos.nicta.com.au           ERTOS within National ICT Australia