Is this some sort of glissando ?

From: phil . auclair
Subject: Is this some sort of glissando ?
Date: Mon, 9 May 2011 17:22:28 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

I have come across a notation I'm not sure I understand.
The time signature is 6/8. The measure contains two dotted halves connected
with a double beam. This may be a glissando, with length one dotted half, and
pitch beginning with the first note and ending with the second. Could this be
right? If so, how can I compose it with real Lilypond notation, instead of this
horrible PostScript?

(The file is called helene.pdf because the music is from Offenbach's "La Belle
Helene")

Regards,
Philippe

\include "italiano.ly"
\version "2.13.0"

\score {
  \new Staff = "pianoRight" \relative do'' {
    \key la \major
    \time 6/8

    \override TupletBracket #'bracket-visibility =  ##f
    \override TupletNumber #'stencil = ##f
    \times 3/6 {
        \override TextScript #'extra-offset = #'( 0 . 2)
        <mib sol>2._\markup {
        \postscript #"
            0.5 setlinewidth
            0 -1.2 moveto