Re: Artificial-looking clef in a CueVoice?

From: Bernhard Ott
Subject: Re: Artificial-looking clef in a CueVoice?
Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 11:40:36 +0200

Hi,

On 05/17/2011 09:01 PM, Xavier Scheuer wrote:
Cc: to James Lowe, the brave "only full-time doc writer/editor"?

On 17 April 2011 23:20, Xavier Scheuer<address@hidden>  wrote:

Hi there!

I remember a discussion where Reinhold asked how should a clef looks
like in a  CueVoice  (I cannot find this again).
IIRC the conclusion was something like: the clef should look voluntarily
"artificial", i.e. smaller but _after_ the bar line (and not _before_).

I'd like to have such "artificial-looking" clef in a CueVoice.
Unfortunately I am not able to get it using the  \clef  command in a
CueVoice .  Ideas how I could achieve this (clef _after_ the bar line)?

Please note that for various reasons I use a  CueVoice  and _not_
\cueDuring .

One month later.

At first I used a "normal" clef but with a smaller fontsize (thanks to
an override), but then I discovered Reinhold's  \cueClef  command.
It is a wonderful feature (so is  \cueDuringWithClef , see below).
Thank you Reinhold!

@ James, Reinhold, whoever
BTW, neither  \cueClef , nor  \cueDuringWithClef  (I first tried
\cleffedCueDuring  but it was not the correct name of the command) is
documented in the Notation Reference.
Actually these new features are already implemented but not documented
AFAICS.  http://codereview.appspot.com/2726043/

It is there, but AFAIK it can only be found at:
http://kainhofer.com/~lilypond/Documentation/changes/index.html
(which unfortunately seems to be broken this very moment?).

I wrote about this 2 month ago (because I LOVE this enhancement and use it a lot - thanks, Reinhold!!), but nobody seemed to be interested ;-)

Bernhard