RE: Cross-staff beaming

From: James Lowe
Subject: RE: Cross-staff beaming
Date: Thu, 26 May 2011 12:14:40 +0000

Hello,

)-----Original Message-----
)From: address@hidden
)[mailto:address@hidden On
)Behalf Of Hilary Snaden
)Sent: 26 May 2011 12:16
)To: address@hidden
)Subject: Cross-staff beaming
)
)I've just installed 2.13.61 (Windoze binary)
)
)I'm working on a piece with a lot of cross-staff arpeggios, many of which
)need their stem lengths/beam positions tweaked for easier reading.
)The manualBeam function in the manual
)
)manualBeam =
)#(define-music-function (parser location beg-end)
)   (pair?)
)   #{
)   \once \override Beam #'positions = #$beg-end
)   #})
)
)works perfectly for a few bars, after this the beams and stems of the
)beamed note groups are AFAICT rendered inverted top-to-bottom.
)
)A recent bug-lilypond thread suggested that some work had recently
)been done on the cross-staff beaming code. Is this still on the to-do list, or
)am I missing something? (A workaround?)
)
)--
---
[James' reply:]
There are few bugs still about for cross staff

http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/list?can=2&q=cross%20staff

Some of them contain workarounds some don't.

1300 and 1324 for instance.

James