Re: Polymetric music and page breaks

From: Andrea La Rose
Subject: Re: Polymetric music and page breaks
Date: Mon, 30 May 2011 12:05:35 -0700 (PDT)

Jan-Peter,

That is fantastic work! Thanks for sharing it. Unfortunately, neither my
math nor my coding skills are anywhere near yours.

Another issue is that I am creating a score where only parts exist at this
point. (There was a handwritten score that I made the parts from, but that's
on the other side of the ocean right now.) Making the kind of calculations
you did with your uncle's piece (which I'd be interested in hearing, by the
way) seems easier when you have a physical copy of a score.

The sense I'm getting is that the only work-around at this point is to
insert fake measures — not simply \bar "" — that do line up, in order to get
the page breaks one wants; that there is no global fix.

cheers,
Andrea