Re: How do I add a small fermata?

From: Jan-Peter Voigt
Subject: Re: How do I add a small fermata?
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2011 08:37:15 +0200

Hello again,

of course overriding Script is more convinient. Here are the examples:
--snip--
\version "2.14.0"

\relative c'' {

\once \override TextScript #'self-alignment-X = #-0.7
c1_"markup"^\markup { \fontsize #-3 \musicglyph #"scripts.ufermata" }

\once \override Script #'font-size = #-3
\once \override Script #'padding = #0.3
 c_"Script"\fermata

 c_"normal"\fermata

}
--snip--

I prefer using \once \override over \override ... \revert. But thats a matter
of taste I think ;-)
In the example above I added a little padding, wich lifts the fermata a little
bit. And again thats a matter of tas....

Cheers, Jan-Peter