Re: V2.14.0 - midi volume & midi arpeggio

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: V2.14.0 - midi volume & midi arpeggio
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 22:53:27 +0200

Il giorno mar, 14/06/2011 alle 13.00 -0700, MING TSANG ha scritto:
> Thank you very much for your help. Now I have configure frescobaldi to
> run v2.12.3 and v2.14.1.  Now I can go back to code lilypond scores.
> I will soon start to play the development v2.15.1 when I have spare
> time.   I had been using jedit in window 7, but only one version of
> lilypond.   Now frescobaldi ubuntu provide different version of
> lilypond to run - an excellent software.

great, I'm glad that you managed to make it work

> Thank you for the tips on terminal commands.  This is my first month
> of using linux ubuntu.  What is the difference between sh and sudo
> sh?

in ubuntu sudo is the command that allows a normal user to get the
privileges of the superuser (also known as root user)

for example, only root can write in /usr/local

But this is not the best place to discuss these issues.
I recommend you to subscribe to a forum or mailing list of ubuntu users
and ask there, for example:
http://ubuntuforums.org/

And try to do some search before asking.  This should be a good place to
start:
https://help.ubuntu.com/

Cheers,
Federico